HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Calling/Txting from US to Germany works, but not vice versa

(3 posts)
  1. Yazoo

Hey There! :)

I'm having a little problem here.
    A girl from the US (Michigan) asked me for my cellphone number. I gave it to her with the needed codes (011 49 178 3244???). Everything OK so far. She sent me a textmessage without any problems and called me once.

However.. when i try to answer the text message or try to call her, it just won't work :(

i tried it with this number:
    001 18109656???

which is exactly the same number my phone shows me as the sender's number of that text message.

When i try to call that number, it says "this number is not in use", and sending textmessages just fails.

Did i do something wrong? Or is this "just" an incompatibility between our carriers?!

oh.. I don't know if that helps any, but her carrier is Verizon, and I tried it from T-Mobile Germany and (most of the time) E-Plus.

I just hope someone can help me out here .. :)
    It's getting kinda frustrating *lol*

Patrik

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi Patrik,

Yes, you are doing something wrong: you don't need two ones after 00. You should enter 00 1 810 965 ????. Here's a page showing how to call/text from Germany to the USA.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Yazoo

Hey!

Thanks for the reply. It sort of works now :)

The only thing i don't quite get is that my phone shows the sender's number with 2 ones o.O

-> 001181 ...

That's why i thought this was the correct number.

Direct answering to her textmessages won't work (two 1s in senders number) so i have to manually enter the number with only one 1.

Also, as soon as i put any kind of symbol in there (smileys, commas, brackets.. just about everything) i can't send the textmessage. i have to write without punctuation which is kinda annoying, because otherwise my messages fail to send or they get sent (sometimes), but won't arrive :(

I guess that's the incompatibility described in the FAQ..

but thanks anyways :)

Greetings from Germany
    Patrik

(PS: and sorry for my "google-translator-like" english lol)

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.