HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Calls from US phones to cell phones in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

(3 posts)

Tags:

1. E Emerson

The Cell phone works great within town, Phnom Phen, Cambodia, on both in and out local calls. But I can't get calls from the US.

anyway, here's exactly what SHOULD work: 011 855 11 266 ???

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hello,

If the phone works fine locally you should be able to receive calls from other countries too. Most likely there is a problem with the US line used to call you. Here's a page listing some possible reasons:
    http://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/dialing-errors.html

If you send me a message with the whole cell number (using the contact link at the top) I will try to call you just to see if it works.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. admin
    Key Master

I just dialed this number and I get the same "this number is not valid" message in both Spanish and English. I am calling from Europe so this is definitely not an issue with US originating calls. The message seems to be triggered after connecting to the Cambodian operator. So you're sure that this phone with this number is used in Cambodia? Although I have never heard of this it could be that the phone is somehow blocked for receiving incoming international calls. Have your brother call the wireless provider over there and inquire about this issue. Sorry I can't do more.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.