Calls to and from Italy

Forums Forums Questions answered Calls to and from Italy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dmajewski
    Participant

I would like to know how to call to Italy from the USA.
    My son has the same service as I do (AT&T)
    My other son has a different service, how would he call me in Italy?
    Also, how would you call my cell phone in Italy from a landline phone in the US??

Also, how do I call the US from Italy (land line or cell phone)?

While I am in Italy, I have cousins that gave me their Phone Numbers. How do I call them from my cell phone while I am in Italy??

admin
    Participant

If we are talking about calling a US cellular phone with roaming service in Italy you will call this phone from any country (including the USA) as if the phone was still in the USA. In other words, calling this phone from the US doesn’t change and no international dialing codes are needed.

Calling this same cellular phone from Italy you must dial: 00 1 + 3 digit US area code + 7 digit number. This is how you call the US from Italy (landline or cell or US cell with roaming over there).

Here’s a page explaining in detail how international rooaming works.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam