Cannot reciprocate SMS from Philippines

Forums Forums Questions answered Cannot reciprocate SMS from Philippines

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mal
    Participant

Hi,
    When I send an SMS to the Philippines from my Australian cell phone, the recipient cannot return an SMS by simply pressing reply. The message appears to go, but never arrives. Does the recipient have to alter my cell phone number in order to reply? I would have thought that all the required text back details would be incorporated in my original transmission. Anyone shed some light on this?

admin
    Participant

Hello Mal,
    The “from” number is not necessarily the number you can reply to. Here’s why:
    1) to dial out of Australia you will enter either 0011 or the plus sign + country code + cell number
    2) to dial out of the Philippines you will enter 00 or the plus sign + country code + cell number.

So if your friend in the Philippines receives a call from 0011 61 4 ???? ???? he will not reply to the same number – he will replace 0011 with 00 for the call to go through. Have your friend check the number he replies to: it must be either 00 61 4 ???? ???? or +61 4 ???? ????.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam