Can’t call an unlocked iphone from the US

Forums Forums Questions answered Can’t call an unlocked iphone from the US

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant

I am an American in the US and a friend is in Italy. We both have iphones and she has hers unlocked and acquired a SIM card and Italian phone number. The number is 334 7629???. I have looked at the charts and dialed the exit code (011) with and without the +, followed by the country code (39), followed by the above number. It rings and rings and rings and simply says they haven’t answered when I know they are there. Other people have called her and mentioned something about putting a 133 before the number but that turns the formatting into mush and the call doesn’t go through. Both our service providers here in the states is Sprint. I called them and acquired an internationally add on to my account before doing any of this. Please help…

admin
    Participant

Hi Josh,
    This is strange indeed because you seem to have been dialing the right sequence: 011 39 334 7629???. The plus sign replaces 011 so you can’t use them both.

Try to use a different line to dial the number. Let me know if you’d like me to try dialing it for you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam