HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Can't call an unlocked iphone from the US

(2 posts)
  1. Josh

I am an American in the US and a friend is in Italy. We both have iphones and she has hers unlocked and acquired a SIM card and Italian phone number. The number is 334 7629???. I have looked at the charts and dialed the exit code (011) with and without the +, followed by the country code (39), followed by the above number. It rings and rings and rings and simply says they haven't answered when I know they are there. Other people have called her and mentioned something about putting a 133 before the number but that turns the formatting into mush and the call doesn't go through. Both our service providers here in the states is Sprint. I called them and acquired an internationally add on to my account before doing any of this. Please help...

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi Josh,
    This is strange indeed because you seem to have been dialing the right sequence: 011 39 334 7629???. The plus sign replaces 011 so you can't use them both.

Try to use a different line to dial the number. Let me know if you'd like me to try dialing it for you.

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.