HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Cayman Islands to US cell in Vietnam

(4 posts)
  1. islandmom

I'm in the Cayman Islands, I would like to call my son on his US cell phone, I'm not having any luck , can anyone tell me how to do this so I can check to see if I'm dialing correctly. I am dialing 1 + his US cell number, including the area code. Thanks.

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hello,

So what happens when you call - any messages/busy dial tones etc?

The Cayman Islands use the North American Numbering Plan, so you are right to dial your son's US cell number as if dialing a US state to state call:
    1 followed by the 3 digit area code and 7 digit local number. This should also work if he is using his US cell phone abroad (assuming he has an international plan activated).

If you want me to try dialing your son's number let me know - by doing this we'll know for sure whether the issue is on your end or not (I would hang up after one ring).

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. islandmom

HI, It goes immediately to a busy signal, which I'm told shouldn't happen on an IPhone, it would go to voice messaging. If you would try to call I would be so, so appreciative. The bank has called and said his cc has been compromised and I would really like to check in with him.
    The number is 1 423 400 26xx

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. admin
    Key Master

I just dialed the number - nothing happens, it just doesn't seem to connect. This is likely why you have been getting a busy signal (some phone providers just return a busy signal when the call does not connect).

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.