Cayman Islands to US cell in Vietnam

Forums Forums Questions answered Cayman Islands to US cell in Vietnam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    islandmom
    Participant

I’m in the Cayman Islands, I would like to call my son on his US cell phone, I’m not having any luck , can anyone tell me how to do this so I can check to see if I’m dialing correctly. I am dialing 1 + his US cell number, including the area code. Thanks.

admin
    Participant

Hello,

So what happens when you call – any messages/busy dial tones etc?

The Cayman Islands use the North American Numbering Plan, so you are right to dial your son’s US cell number as if dialing a US state to state call:
    1 followed by the 3 digit area code and 7 digit local number. This should also work if he is using his US cell phone abroad (assuming he has an international plan activated).

If you want me to try dialing your son’s number let me know – by doing this we’ll know for sure whether the issue is on your end or not (I would hang up after one ring).

islandmom
    Participant

HI, It goes immediately to a busy signal, which I’m told shouldn’t happen on an IPhone, it would go to voice messaging. If you would try to call I would be so, so appreciative. The bank has called and said his cc has been compromised and I would really like to check in with him.
    The number is 1 423 400 26xx

admin
    Participant

I just dialed the number – nothing happens, it just doesn’t seem to connect. This is likely why you have been getting a busy signal (some phone providers just return a busy signal when the call does not connect).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam