Ukraine telephone numbering changes

Forums Forums Numbering plan changes Ukraine telephone numbering changes

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    andrey
    Participant

Starting October 14, 2009 Ukraine introduces new dialing rules for domestic and international calls originating in this country and a new area code for the Kiev region:

• The old Trunk Code 8 (eight) is no longer required for dialing Ukraine long distance calls; as a result all Ukraine numbers will have the following national dialing format: 0 xx ??? ???? (xx is the area code/cellular network code)
    • Dialing international calls from Ukraine no longer requires the old 8 Pause 10 Soviet exit code; instead, Ukraine now uses Exit code 00 adopted by most European countries
    • The Kiev region is assigned area code 45, while the city of Kiev retains its old area code 44

Posted by:
    Andrey Voyevodin
    https://www.av-exim.com/
    Kiev, Ukraine

Edited by admin,
    10-21-2009

andrey
    Participant
    admin
    Participant

Andrey,
    Thanks for posting this info. I edited your post to more succintly report these changes – I hope you don’t mind.

One question: when dialing domestic calls do you have to pause after dialing zero? What about international calls (do you dial 0 pause 0)?

Thanks again.

Dan

andrey
    Participant

Dan,

Thanks for editing. Now it is short and understandable 🙂

Waiting for pause depends on equipment(exchange) which serves your call outside region or country.
    If it is digital (modern) — it is not necessary to wait for pause.
    If it is analog (old) — you have to wait a little after 0, and after pause you should hear continuous beeeeeeeeeeeep.

Biggest telecom company in Ukraine, Ukrtelecom, says on their website next

1. Outside region and to mobile phones, whithin Ukraine:
    0 (wait for continuous beep);
    CITY CODE or MOBILE OPERATOR CODE;
    PHONE NUMBER.

2. Outside Ukraine:
    0 (wait for continuous beep);
    0 (prefix for abroad call);
    COUNTRY CODE;
    CITY CODE;
    PHONE NUMBER.

BRGDS,
    Andrey Voyevodin
    AV-exim
    Kiev, Ukraine

andrey
    Participant

Dan,

just looked over website.
    You changes 8-10 to 00
    but you didn’t add new code of Kiev region – 45

I think that now a lot of inhabitants of Kiev region faces with great problems, receiving calls from abroad. Dan, you shouldn’t forget about them ! 🙂

BRGDS,
    Andrey

admin
    Participant

Andrey,

We only list city codes. What is Kiev region anyway? Is this Kiev’s metropolitan area? Do you think people may get confused when seing Kiev area code=44 thus believing that all of Kiev’s region has area code 44?

andrey
    Participant

Dear Dan,

Kiev city and Kiev region (oblast) are different administrative units. Kiev is a capital of Ukraine, so it has special status. It is like Washington D.C. in USA.

Wikipedia(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiev_Oblast) says:
    Kiev Oblast, also written as Kyiv Oblast is an oblast (province) in central Ukraine.

The administrative center of the oblast is the city of Kiev (Ukrainian: ????, Kyiv), also being the capital of Ukraine. Despite being located in the center of the Kiev Oblast, and hosting the governing bodies of the oblast, Kiev itself is a self-governing city with special status and not under oblast jurisdiction.

I offer you to state in your list Kiev city(44) and Kiev region(45) separately.

BRGDS,
    Andrey Voyevodin
    AV-exim
    Kiev, Ukraine

nitrous
    Participant

i live in australia and im trying to call some friends in ukraine. but im having a hard time reaching them.
    i dial 0011 380 93 xxx xxxx
    0011 is for international dialing
    380 ukriane country code
    and 93 xxx xxxx is their mobile number…..
    but never connects…. i some times get “number not connected” or i get rings ring ring and yet no one picks up, but my friends claim they havnt recieved any missed calls..
    any help would be appreciated.

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    You seem to be dialing the right digits. Try using a different connection for this call.

gorashi65
    Participant

how can i dial this number 449728 along time ago i used to call this nimber please help me how to dial it now.
    Thank yuo

gorashi65
    Participant

sorry i forgot to mention a city name is kharkiv i have 6 digits 4497xx since 1998 i would like to call now iam dialing only 6 digits and searching for the missing 7th one. this landline in kharkov( home phone).

thank you

andrey
    Participant

i’m sure for 99,9% that you can try two ways and one of them will be successful
    1) dial 380-57-74497xx
    2) dial 380-572-4497xx

few years ago Kharkiv added 7 before some number groups.

BRGDS,
    Andrey Voyevodin
    AV-exim
    Kiev, Ukraine

gorashi65
    Participant

Thank you Andre Voyevodin
    Itried call and i getting vice mail telling Nomer appenant iziminuin so i think number may be cancelled and the voice mail in ukrainian and when ilived there i studyied in russian.if the number change can i find the new number by family name or full name and old number realy iam searching for along time trying i searched every where googl and facebook ,
    thank you

andrey
    Participant

Hi gorashi65,

yes, i also tried this number and it said that number of phone subscriber was changed(by the way voice mail told it in russian — “????? ???????? ???????”).

if you wish you can send me info about this subscriber and I will try to help you.
    my email a.voyevodin [at] av-exim.com

BRGDS,
    Andrey Voyevodin
    AV-exim
    Kiev, Ukraine

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam