Connecting to right number but wrong person

Forums Forums Questions answered Connecting to right number but wrong person

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rachristian
    Participant

I am currently working in Baghdad, Iraq and bought a cell phone here on base. It is a prepaid phone that came with a $3 credit already on the phone. I am not sure who the provider was through. Anyway…

My fiancee called my cell phone number and connected to someone else. She heard some people talking and some commotion in the background. She stayed on the phone for 9 minutes trying to get what she thought was “my” attention.

The problem is that the exact time when she called me, I was in a store but my phone did not ring and I had no missed call from her on my call log.

She called from her cell phone from Cyprus to my cell phone here in Baghdad, Iraq.

PLEASE!!!! Can someone explain to me how this happened?

This really means a lot to me to find out. I would greatly appreciate any information or stories.

admin
    Participant

Hi Christian,

These things happen sometimes – just have your friend call you again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam