HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Countries dialing plans

(4 posts)
  1. mwm226

I am researching the dialing plans for the majority of the countries in the world to add to our internal telecom software and I cannot find 1 place to go to get this information. Sometimes I find information on one site that is different on another site.
    Is there 1 place I can go to get the information for a country that our engineers can use to set up out telecommunications software? Telecom carriers are of no help
    Thanks!
    The information I need is typically:
    - Country Code
    - Number of digits in a phone number
    - Phone number digit formatting (ex: x digit space x digits space x digits space x digits )
    - International access code
    - National access code
    - Time zones of country; single, multiple etc
    - Wireless number(s) scheme
    #*
    ##-##
    ##-##
    - Wireline (aka Landline) number(s) scheme
    ##-##
    ##-##
    - toll free
    #
    ##
    - numbers we don’t want to call (ie. 900 in the USA)
    #

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hello,

You won't find all this info readily available from a single resource. Compiling an accurate database requires research, using multiple resources. Also, this info changes continually (numbering formats) so you would need to update your database/software. A good website is wtng.info. But there are others too. On this website we constantly update our info.

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. mwm226

Hi
    Are there any suppliers that we can subscribe to, for a fee, that would give us database updates on a monthly basis? I know in the US the company, Telcordia provides a feed for database updates but only for the US and Canada.
    Thanks

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. admin
    Key Master

I believe numberingplans.com provides international numbering data for a fee.

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.