HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Friend Visiting From Sweden to New York

(4 posts)
  1. jj0671

Hello, I have a friend who is visiting from Sweden to New York City. She has a cell number that looks like this: (0)7 ?? ?? ?? ??

The question is, I understand that if I call her I'd have to use 011 46 instead of the 0 but does that still apply when she's in New York City?

Does she still need to use the international code to call my cellphone when she is in the city?

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hello,

Indeed, to call a Sweden number from the US you must use 011 46 followed by the Swedish number. You don't use 011 46 to replace the starting zero - you drop the starting zero because it is a code used for national Swedish calls only. Anyway, to answer your question you use the same dialing sequence to call your friend's cell no matter where she is (New York, London, Sweden etc). On the other hand she does not have to use international codes to call you - just have her dial your number the way other people from NYC do.

The page below has more info on how international roaming for cell phones works:
    http://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/international-roaming.html

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. jj0671

Thanks for the prompt response. One more question: if using text messaging, do I have to include the international codes when storing her # on my contact list?

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. admin
    Key Master

Yes, you use the same dialing sequence for texting.

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.