How can I send a message to a cell phone in US

Forums Forums Questions answered How can I send a message to a cell phone in US

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Delphianrex
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m using the website Talksms.com for sending SMS to a cellphone in Atlanta,Georgia.
    The cell phone number is 678 428 2xxx. I use 001 as the country code in the website but it’s not working. The number I’m using is 0016784282xxx. what is the problem????
    Thanks in advance

admin
    Participant

Hi,
    The site in question ads a plus sign (+) before the country code. This means that you no longer need to add 00. This is for placing international calls too – either you add plus or the exit code which is 00 for Iran. In conclusion you should have +1678….

Delphianrex
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to mention that I’ve tried this format too but the status of message is “UNKNOWN” and is not delivered.

admin
    Participant

I don’t know what else to suggest. Try contacting the people offering this SMS service as this seems to be a problem on their end.

Delphianrex
    Participant

The interesting point about it is that this problem is only for US!
    I’ve used it for sending the message for three other countrys and there is not any problem with them.
    BTW, Thanks anyway

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam