how to call on a public phone on destinations charge?

Forums Forums Questions answered how to call on a public phone on destinations charge?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    canonmarques
    Participant

If I am in a US airport and NO COINS…
    Can I make an international call from a public phone?
    Can I make a call on destination´s number’s charge? How?
    Thanks…

admin
    Participant

Hello,

In order to be able to do this you must find a service that provides international collect calls. If you do find such a service you would call a toll free number and then the operator would connect you to the international location (after asking the call receiver if they agree to pay for the call).

canonmarques
    Participant

But, may I call an canadian land line from an US public phone on destination’s number’s charge?
    May I call at least an US land line from an US public phone on destination’s number’s charge?
    Is there any kind of call with destination’s charge?

admin
    Participant

Sure. The most popular such service that comes to mind is 1800 collect (make sure you check out the rates):
    1800collect.com (as of May 5, 2023 this link redirects to a new service).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam