HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

How to call Australia from Egypt

(7 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Amir makram
  • Latest reply from Amir makram
  1. Amir makram

I just wont to know the codes of the country in Sydney and which i should wright first.
    What i know that we will dial " 00 + 61 + 2 + tel.number(codes below)" but it doesn't work & what did it means ( codes below ).
    And for information i am calling a cell phone .

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi Amir,

If you open the drop down where it says "codes below" you will see a number of dialing formats for each Australian city and also for dialing to Australia cellular. The reason your call doesn't go through is that you are adding Sydney's area code (2). Australian cell phones do not need area codes therefore you should dial 00 61 + cell number (should look like this: 4 ???? ????).

Let me know if it still doesn't work. Here's the page with more on dialing from Egypt to Australia.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Amir makram

Yes it doesn't work & i don't know why i do what you tell me , i dial 006140412431???
    but it doesn't work it say ( the phone you are trying to call has incoming call destriction activated ) or some thing like that i don't understand .

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. admin
    Key Master

Well you know what that means - it's possible that the phone is blocked for incoming international calls. However, as I said above the cell number should look like this 4 ???? ????. In other words 4 followed by 8 digits. You have 4 followed by 10 digits. I hope you didn't add a 4 in the beginning. Tell me this: was the number you were given: 0412...?

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Amir makram

yes , The number is 0412431??? and i add 00614 in the beginning so i dial 006140412431??? but i doesn't work

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. admin
    Key Master

OK, so you shouldn't add a 4 in the beginning. Instead you should drop the starting zero and dial 00 61 412431???. The starting zero is used for dialing within Australia.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Amir makram

It work thank you for all your help .

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.