How to call Australia from Egypt

Forums Forums Questions answered How to call Australia from Egypt

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Amir makram
    Participant

I just wont to know the codes of the country in Sydney and which i should wright first.
    What i know that we will dial ” 00 + 61 + 2 + tel.number(codes below)” but it doesn’t work & what did it means ( codes below ).
    And for information i am calling a cell phone .

admin
    Participant

Hi Amir,

If you open the drop down where it says “codes below” you will see a number of dialing formats for each Australian city and also for dialing to Australia cellular. The reason your call doesn’t go through is that you are adding Sydney’s area code (2). Australian cell phones do not need area codes therefore you should dial 00 61 + cell number (should look like this: 4 ???? ????).

Let me know if it still doesn’t work. Here’s the page with more on dialing from Egypt to Australia.

Amir makram
    Participant

Yes it doesn’t work & i don’t know why i do what you tell me , i dial 006140412431???
    but it doesn’t work it say ( the phone you are trying to call has incoming call destriction activated ) or some thing like that i don’t understand .

admin
    Participant

Well you know what that means – it’s possible that the phone is blocked for incoming international calls. However, as I said above the cell number should look like this 4 ???? ????. In other words 4 followed by 8 digits. You have 4 followed by 10 digits. I hope you didn’t add a 4 in the beginning. Tell me this: was the number you were given: 0412…?

Amir makram
    Participant

yes , The number is 0412431??? and i add 00614 in the beginning so i dial 006140412431??? but i doesn’t work

admin
    Participant

OK, so you shouldn’t add a 4 in the beginning. Instead you should drop the starting zero and dial 00 61 412431???. The starting zero is used for dialing within Australia.

Amir makram
    Participant

It work thank you for all your help .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam