how to call Canada pension collect from a normal phone line in Netherlands

Forums Forums Questions answered how to call Canada pension collect from a normal phone line in Netherlands

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sugarbear
    Participant

I have a letter from Canada pension asking me to call them back collect.
    Holland (Netherlands) says this is not possible.
    I can’t imagine this to be true but I have tried every way I can think of and I can not get the number to call through.
    Does anyone have an answer to this….this is very URGENT…!!!
    Thank you for any help you can offer me.
    Kind Regards,
    Sugarbear 23

admin
    Participant

Hello,

The thing about collect calling is that it is a dying business these days.
    There are so many ways one can communicate that there is no longer a popular
    need for this type of service.

These being said you might be able to call collect, depending on the country
    you live in. Basically you would have to reach an operator who would place
    the call for you. And I believe you would have to use a landline. According
    to Fodors.com “To reach an operator, dial 0800/0410. To make a collect call,
    or dial toll-free to a number outside the Netherlands, dial 0800/0101.”
    https://www.fodors.com/world/europe/netherlands/travel-tips/communications-85052570

Have you tried just dialing the number? I mean do you not afford the charges
    or do you think you can’t call the number unless it’s a collect call? To
    direct dial this Canadian # from Holland you would add 001 to it: 001 613
    957 1954 (I just tried dialing it and it works fine without it having to be a collect call).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam