How to call Mexican cell phone from Poland

Forums Forums Questions answered How to call Mexican cell phone from Poland

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marmetal
    Participant

Please help, really important! Was trying many ways, how to do that? 🙁

admin
    Participant

Hi,
    All the info can be found on this page. If you want to add some more details please reply to this post (numbers you’ve been dialing with no success, etc).

Marmetal
    Participant

Hi, wait a minute, will tell what’s going on!

Marmetal
    Participant

So, I wanna send a text message to Mexico. To Mexico City.
    It’s +521 and 10-digit mobile phone.
    It’s not just +52 because I’ve read that you have to add “1” to mobile phones.
    1) When I was trying to call the number with +521 the person I was calling to heard me calling. When I was trying to send an SMS to +521 it can’t be sent.
    2) When I was trying to call the number with just +52 there was some Mexican operator telling me something in Spanish. And when I was trying to send SMS just to +52 it didn’t show me “message can’t be sent” but also the person didn’t get it.
    🙁 🙁
    I’m so confused, please help! Will be grateful to death!

Marmetal
    Participant

And one more thing to point 1):
    person could hear me calling but not my number appeared (Polish with +48) but some strange Mexican one!
    What’s going on 🙁

admin
    Participant

Indeed you must add 1 after Mexico’s country code 52. You must also add Mexico City’s area code which is 55. But anyway, if you could connect then you are dialing the right digits. Texting should work the same way. If it doesn’t work it’s either because your current plan doesn’t allow international texting, or there is an incompatibility between the two wireless networks (yours and the one in Mexico). In any case I would call my wireless provider to inquire about this.

One other option you can try is to replace the starting plus sign with 00.

Marmetal
    Participant

Thank you for answer, will try that! Thank you! Will let you know in next days.

Kind regards,
    Martin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam