How to determine who an international number belongs to

Forums Forums Questions answered How to determine who an international number belongs to

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Curioustoknow1
    Participant

I am looking to find out how I would go about finding out who an international number belongs to. When I try to call the number from the USA the recording states “I am sorry, this call is not allowed”. This phone number was on my hotel bill when I was in Austria visiting the beginning of November 2011 and I am trying to figure out who it belongs to because I don’t recall dialing this phone number. I believe it is a cell phone number.
    Please help.
    Thank you.

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    If the number is on the hotel bill maybe it is another contact number for this hotel. What is the number in question?

Curioustoknow1
    Participant

00191746310- this was made from hotel room in Vienna, Austria.

admin
    Participant

This looks like a Vienna landline – 1 9174 6310. The first zero is probably the digit used to dial out of the hotel room and the second zero is an Austrian Trunk Code used only within Austria before phone numbers. On https://www.howtocallabroad.com/austria/ we list a phone book for this country – try using it to search for this number’s owner or try searching for the number in Google (you can add a search string such as Vienna, etc).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam