How to dial from SA mobile to Morocco mobile number

Forums Forums Questions answered How to dial from SA mobile to Morocco mobile number

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Irfaangm
    Participant

Please can you tell me how to dial the following number from my cell number:
    I need to call morocco mobile number: 070538???
    I am calling from South Africa and the number that I dial to exit SA is 00 then 212 for moroc. After that if Idial the number above it gets cut or says number doesnt exist.

So what do i dial??
    Please if you can email me the complete syntax to dial so that I can get through.

APpreciate your help…
    I

igmohamed
    Participant

Please admin.. I need assistance with this one soon. I need to make this call later this evening and its quite urgent.

Thanks

admin
    Participant

Sorry, I didn’t know it was urgent. You must drop the starting zero in the cell number: 00 212 705…

igmohamed
    Participant

ok I tried that… and… there is a french voice msg from what sounds like a Service Provider and I could only make out that the msg says that something to the effect of dialing a 6 after 212 in the number. SO what is confusing me is this:
    Do I dial 00212 6 705… ? or 00212 605… and not 705… ??

admin
    Participant

Hm, you’re not paying attention to the info we provide. Yes, there was a numbering change for Morocco about 1 year ago. Indeed you must add a 6 before 7. All these changes are explained on https://www.howtocallabroad.com/forums/topic/morocco-telephone-numbering-changes and this page is also linked from https://www.howtocallabroad.com/results.php?callfrom=south_africa&callto=morocco

igmohamed
    Participant

Cool. Thanks so its 00 212 6 705 ….. – Got it.

Thanks dude.. appreciate the help. Im sorry I didnt quite get the time to check those sites out. Just needed a quick reply for this question so I kept checking this link for it instead of going through the web pages you posted.

But you did help….

Thanks.

dennyb20
    Participant

Hi Guys, I have a similar issue.

I am in the UK and I need to call my fiancee ASAP that is currently in Morocco and I have been informed that she has a mobile number: 652XXX XXX. There is some EXTREMELY serious news that she needs to know and now I am currently starting to worry.

The numbers I have been trying are:

00 212 6 ‘652XXX XXX’

and amongst other options:

00 212 6 ’52XXX XXX’.

I seem to get exactly the same which is just a french service provider message. I have read all the posts and think I understand only I would just like confirmation if you can spare only a minute of your time.

Please help with some advise as soon as you can as I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance
    D

admin
    Participant

Hello D,

You are dialing the right digits (00 212 652 ??? ??? looks right). I don’t know why this call doesn’t go through. Could be that it is turned off or it is in a poorly covered area.

dennyb20
    Participant

Ahhh I see, – You mean that it might just be their mailbox as the phone is turned off? I thought it could be something like that as somebody else also suggested something similar. It just didn’t sound right that’s all and I needed confirmation from somebody that actually knows!

As long as I defiantly know that I have the correct number and I’m not being stupid – I can rest easy that little bit more. I have another contact in addition I will try again the morning.

All the same I can rest easy that I’m not at a complete dead-end with this, thank you so much for confirming that the number looks right. Very swift response.

All the best,
    Kind Regards
    D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam