how to msg/call us cell in us from aussie mobile

Forums Forums Questions answered how to msg/call us cell in us from aussie mobile

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    harrywashere
    Participant

i’m visiting new york and have been trying to contact a couple of people here. i have their cell phone numbers (each has 10 digits) and was told to add “+1” at the start however it doesn’t seem to be working. i also tried sending a message to one without the +1 at the start and that didn’t work either. i’m here from australia and have global roaming activated on my phone. any ideas??

admin
    Participant

Hi David,

Add just 1. The plus sign is added when dialing internationally (if you were in Australia). If the area code is 212 the call might also go through if you dial the local number without the area code (last 7 digits). For area code 646 you must add 1 and dial all 11 digits.

harrywashere
    Participant

thank you very much, i’ll give that a go!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam