How to receive calls on my cell phone overseas

Forums Forums Questions answered How to receive calls on my cell phone overseas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    geodesik
    Participant

On the web page, https://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/international-roaming.html I read, “How do people from my home country call me? People from home can call you as if you never left. While traveling abroad your cell phone number does not change for incoming calls, no matter where they come from.” My wireless provider states that all calls must originate from the US, and international roaming is not allowed. Does this also mean that I cannot receive calls from the US while abroad?

admin
    Participant

Hello,

In order to be able to make or receive calls on your cell phone while traveling abroad you need to have international roaming activated. I don’t know why your wireless provider says that ‘all calls must originate from the US, and international roaming is not allowed’ and in what context. If you subscribe to a wireless plan which does not allow international roaming you won’t be able to use your phone overseas at all.

geodesik
    Participant

Thanks for your response. I guess the only sure way to find out is to ask someone here to call me while I am overseas. The text I quoted may be found in the fine print on the home page of pagepluscellular.com

admin
    Participant

This is pretty clear to me: Page Plus does not support international roaming. It is a wireless provider offering nationwide only service. Please refer to the excerpt below (copy/pasted from their Terms and Conditions):
    ‘It is possible that under certain circumstances your phone may roam if you are outside of your network coverage area and within the United States. Roaming occurs when a subscriber of one wireless service provider uses the facilities of another wireless service provider. Although there are no additional charges for using the Service while roaming domestically, Page Plus does not guarantee your ability to roam nor the availability and/or the quality of Service. Domestic roaming may be discontinued or changed at any time without notice. Due to Carrier restrictions, Page Plus reserves the right to terminate the Service of any customer whose roaming usage exceeds 50% of their total usage in any three (3) Plan cycles within a 12 month period. International roaming is not offered by Page Plus and is strictly prohibited.’

https://www.pagepluscellular.com/terms-and-conditions/

So, in order to be able to use a cell phone outside the US you should subscribe to another provider.

geodesik
    Participant

Thank you very much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam