HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

how to send sms to Brunei

(4 posts)
  1. honeyko

Can I ask help on how to send text messages to Brunei? My friend is in Brunei, I can reach him by a voice call but not by a sms. Can somebody help me about this?

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hello,

Texting and calling work with the same dialing instructions. You can also try using the plus sign instead of your country's exit code. You would have +673 8?? ????. Have you tried this?

We also have a page providing some information on why sometimes international texting doesn't work. You can read this article at http://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/texting.html

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. honeyko

Yes I tried also using the plus sign. But I am wondering his number was like this +673 7?? ????. When I look into the area codes on your site, there is no area codes starting with 7. He is using a cellular phone but his number is +673 7?? ???? which it should be +673 8?? ????. Please help.

Thanks

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. admin
    Key Master

There are also cell phone numbers in Brunei starting with 7 - it's a dialing format I just found out about after doing some research (thanks to your post) and I will add it to the Brunei page soon. So there is nothing wrong with the dialing sequence you have been using. Try calling your wireless provider - likely they will give you an idea why your texts do not reach their destination. There is also the possibility that your wireless plan isn't activated for texting internationally.

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.