HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

How to text a cell phone in America from Ireland

(3 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by carljhallenbeck
  • Latest reply from carljhallenbeck
  1. carljhallenbeck

Hi. I am trying to send a text message to a cell phone number 4845480???? in Minnesota.
    I am using an Irish cell phone number 087252????.My cell phone providor is Vodafone.ie
    Every text I send bounces back with an unable to deliver message.
    Please help! Thankyou. Carl.

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi Carl. US area code 484 is in Pennsylvania covering cities such as Allentown or Reading. Of course the cell could be used in Minnesota. One other thing - the US cell you listed above is 11 digit - either you listed 4 question signs instead of 3 by mistake or you have to many digits in your number - all US telephone numbers are 10 digit (3 digit area code + 7 digit local number).

Now, to text a US cell from Ireland you would dial 00 1 followed by the 10 digit number discussed above. If this is what you've been dialing and you are getting an "unable to deliver message" try calling Vodafone to make sure your service can be used for international texting.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. carljhallenbeck

Hi there. Thankyou both for your help. I did list an extra question sign by mistake!
    I've tried what you advised and no luck. The thing is my friend can't text me from her cell phone in Minn either...so it's not happening either side of the pond. I'm going to call Vodafone and let them try to sort it out. Thanks again. Carl.

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.