How to text a cell phone in America from Ireland

Forums Forums Questions answered How to text a cell phone in America from Ireland

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    carljhallenbeck
    Participant

Hi. I am trying to send a text message to a cell phone number 4845480???? in Minnesota.
    I am using an Irish cell phone number 087252????.My cell phone providor is Vodafone.ie
    Every text I send bounces back with an unable to deliver message.
    Please help! Thankyou. Carl.

admin
    Participant

Hi Carl. US area code 484 is in Pennsylvania covering cities such as Allentown or Reading. Of course the cell could be used in Minnesota. One other thing – the US cell you listed above is 11 digit – either you listed 4 question signs instead of 3 by mistake or you have to many digits in your number – all US telephone numbers are 10 digit (3 digit area code + 7 digit local number).

Now, to text a US cell from Ireland you would dial 00 1 followed by the 10 digit number discussed above. If this is what you’ve been dialing and you are getting an “unable to deliver message” try calling Vodafone to make sure your service can be used for international texting.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

carljhallenbeck
    Participant

Hi there. Thankyou both for your help. I did list an extra question sign by mistake!
    I’ve tried what you advised and no luck. The thing is my friend can’t text me from her cell phone in Minn either…so it’s not happening either side of the pond. I’m going to call Vodafone and let them try to sort it out. Thanks again. Carl.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam