I have problems with calling England from Holland

Forums Forums Questions answered I have problems with calling England from Holland

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mar990
    Participant

I have problems calling my girlfriend over in England.
    The problem is i just truely can not figure out how to put in the dialing code,
    it goes as followed:

The country code is 44.
    The city code is 116.
    And then when i try 44+116+XXX XXX
    i just get to hear that it isnt an excisting number.
    i also tried:
    0044116 + XXX XXX
    044116 + XXX XXX
    also 0044116XXXXXX
    Nothing works in what ever combination, I really need help

admin
    Participant

Hi Martin,

The correct way to dial is 00 44 + number including area code. It seems that your number misses one digit. UK numbers total 10 digits (area code + local number). From what you wrote I see you only have 9. If you want I can try to dial the number for you just to see if it rings (you can send me a private message with the number using the Contact link at the top right).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam