Impossible to answer phone number format question

Forums Forums Questions answered Impossible to answer phone number format question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    darkspark
    Participant

I am filling in a form with a UK phone number that has to be dialled from USA. I have used many different combinations of numbers and none are excepted – the form states “Please ensure all values are in a proper format” for every combination I try!
    I am now convinced that this is IMPOSSIBLE to answer!
    Anyone have any suggestions as to what to try?
    The phone number I put on the form *should be* (as far as I can see)
    011 44 1253 850??? — i.e.. International then country code then my ‘number’ minus the leading zero….but that doesn’t work.
    I have tried it with and without brackets, with and without dashes, with and without plus signs in various places, all one long number, different groupings of numbers…….I’ve been to numerous ‘help’ sites….and I’ve even asked one of my friends on Face book who is in the USA!…..all to no avail. Would love someone to solve this impossible riddle!

admin
    Participant

Have you tried entering your UK number without any international codes or plus signs? See below:
    44 1253 850???

Or, another option would be using just the number without the country code (less likely):
    1253 850???

Or, of course +44 1253 850??? (I believe you have already tried this option).

The above are all the options that come to mind. Let me know if any of them worked.

darkspark
    Participant

I have tried all those combinations, yes… I have come to the conclusion that even though there’s a separate field asking what country you are a citizen of, I think it’s expecting an actual US number to be input, i.e. It’s an *internal* type form, not to be used with UK numbers…..so that would explain why it was impossible! ….it won’t/can’t validate the entry!

I have registered with Twitter as I found they had a Twitter account, so have tweeted them…..am sure it will resolve itself! Fingers crossed!

Many thanks for your help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam