HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

International Operators/Calling Collect

(2 posts)
  1. mcassidy

I am travelling to Punta Cana, Dominincan Republic on Sunday and in case anything happens to me medically I am supposed to call an emergency assistance provider with my insurance asap otherwise I am liable for 25% of the medical expenses - I have a collect number to call them: 416-596-0016 and I know how to dial out of the Dominican (011 exit code) and I know Canada's country code is: 1, but since this number is a collect number do the same rules apply? I've heard many people say they had to give a credit card # just to call out? Is there any way to actually place a collect call internationally or at least get connected to an international operator?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi,

The Dominican Republic is part of the North American Numbering Plan which means that you won't have to dial 011 to connect to Canada when dialing from this country. So, you will dial: 1 416... to connect. I think the collect call will work when dialed from the Dominican Rep., but you might want to call and ask them before you leave - maybe they can give you a regular charge number you can call in case the Collect Call number doesn't work.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.