phonecalls to guatanamo bay

Forums Forums Questions answered phonecalls to guatanamo bay

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    patrizia
    Participant

Hello,
    i´m tryin to call Guantanamo Bay.Im in Germany n the areacode is supposed to be 005399 n then the local#,but for some reason it won´t connect me to the phone# i want to reach.Do i have to dial somethin else?
    i hope somebody can help me

admin
    Participant

Hi Patrizia,

This is indeed how you dial Guantanamo Bay (since it is in Cuba). It’s hard to tell why it won’t go through. What is the number you are dialing exactly (you can replace the last 2 digits with ?? if you don’t want to make it public)?

patrizia
    Participant

ma husband gave it to me like that 0015399848..
    but i figured out now that this is what i have to dial when im in the states right?
    is drivin me crazy,sometimes the dont work,n then i call back n some stranger pickin up….Do you have an idea ehat i have to do or which areacode i have to use????
    it would b so nice from you:-)

admin
    Participant

Patrizia,

The 001 in the beginning makes no sense (it can’t be used from anywhere). The correct way to dial from Europe is 00 53 99848.. and from the US you replace 00 with 011. Again, it’s difficult for me to guess why the call doesn’t go through. Could be a problem with the number (a missing digit for example). Or could be a problem with the service you are using to dial. To eliminate this last possible cause try using a different line to dial this number.

patrizia
    Participant

hello,
    i already did.But its a cell phonenr.I checked on here n it says that i have to dial 0053599 when i want to call a cell.Is this right?

admin
    Participant

The instructions we give are for all of Cuba. We list the starting 5 for our visitors to be able to recognize cellular numbers. This is not like an area code, it’s a digit that’s part of cell numbers in Cuba. In other words, the number your husband gave you would normally be already complete and you wouldn’t need to add anymore digits. The thing is that likely the military base over there uses some special services to communicate. Have you tried dialing the way your husband told you? On second thought, maybe he knew something we don’t. Try that also.

patrizia
    Participant

when i dial the nr the way he gave it to me it says that the nr dont exist.i tried almost everything.i called the operator in germany,they couldnt help me,n the ones in the states couldnt give me any information.i tried to call from another phone but its the same.
    thaqnks for your help n time:-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam