Phoning from France to China

Forums Forums Questions answered Phoning from France to China

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    justgotoutbid
    Participant

I’m dialing 008653 182980### from France it’s dialing but can anyone tell me if this correct as reading everyone in China has 11 digits? Would this be in Shanton?? Would this be a mobile or home number??

I’m I able to Withhold my number?
    Thanks

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Your number has 11 digits too if you leave out 0086 (00 is the code used to dial internationally from Europe and 86 is China’s country code). The rest of the number looks like a landline from the city of Jinan in the Shandong province (531 is Jinan’s area code).

https://www.howtocallabroad.com/results.php?callfrom=france&callto=china

justgotoutbid
    Participant

THANKYOU SO MUCH – WOULD YOU KNOW WHAT THE WITHHELD NUMBER FROM FRANCE TO CHINA BE?? And where abouts would it be inserted at the beginning of the number?

admin
    Participant

Please read my message above more carefully as I clearly explained to you what the double zero and the 86 codes are.

justgotoutbid
    Participant

Hello
    I did read your message OO for dialing out 86 Area Code then the number. I would like to know the number to block withhold – I was able to do this in the UK 141 that hides the number to the caller. But I do not know how to do it from France? And I can’t speak French to the operator

admin
    Participant

According to several web sources, if using a France Telecom landline you should dial 3651 before the number (you must do it on a per call basis):
    https://www.angloinfo.com/brittany/discussions/general/withholding-phone-number

Of course, if using a mobile phone you can block your number from showing using the mobile device’s settings.

justgotoutbid
    Participant

Hello
    My Mother has found another number which is 0533 5780080 – I have tried 0086 then leaving out the 0 but I’m now getting an answer phone ! What should I be dialing? And is this a mobile or landline number? Is this also in Jinan in the Shandong province ?

Many Thanks

admin
    Participant

This is also a landline. 533 is the area code for Zibo, also a city in the Shandong province. I have tried dialing it and it seemed to work fine – I hung up after 2 rings.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam