HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Ring tone on US cellphone in Mexico?

(3 posts)
  1. nomar

Hello,

I am traveling to Mexico and plan to buy a plan to use my US AT&T cell phone while I am there.

My question is: will the phone ring differently? Will people in the US know that I am in Mexico?

Thanks!
    Nora

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi Nora. Normally people calling you from the US would not notice any difference and would dial your number as they usually do. The only situation in which one might be able to hint at your whereabouts is where your phone would be turned off or located in a non coverage area and people calling you would hear a message played by the Mexican operator (likely in Spanish). I would double check with AT&T in regard to what company would play the non coverage/off message as I am not 100% sure that the Mexican operator would play it.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. nomar

Thank you! My issue is that I would like to work from Mexico, and I do not want my US-based clients to get put off by hearing a different ring or thinking that they will have to pay international fees to call me. I will check with AT&T. I really appreciate your help- this is a valuable resource with information that isn't easily found elsewhere.

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.