South Korea to Canada

Forums Forums Questions answered South Korea to Canada

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Djky
    Participant

Hello Everybody,

I’m calling my friend on a regular basis, using betamax service. Useful as I only have to dial up her number on my cell phone (call local number in Toronto) to her cell phone for $ 1.5c per minute. I’m paying around $30 to $40 per month.

As Canada is one of the FREE MOBILE DESTINATION, I was wondering if there is a way for her to call a South Korean local number and the VOIP provider will connect us?

Do you if such a thing is possible?

Do you have any other ideas to help me reducing my monthly phone bill?

Thanks.

admin
    Participant

I did a little research and it seems that services offered by Betamax are indeed available to South Koreans also, so I don’t see why your friend wouldn’t be able to sign up and call you at lower rates than you call South Korea cell (or free as you said). By the way, are you sure you are just paying 1.5 cents/min to call S Korea mobile? I looked on some websites advertising Betamax VoIP services and rates listed are more in the 5 cents/min range.

One other good option for your friend, if she has a smart phone with broadband Internet, would be to use a subscription from Skype. They have subscriptions to call Canada (cell/landline) at about 6 Euros a month for unlimited calls: https://www.skype.com/en/rates/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam