t-mobile int’l plan call from U.S. number to Germany

Forums Forums Questions answered t-mobile int’l plan call from U.S. number to Germany

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rick Krueger
    Participant

I have an international plan from T-mobile (plan based in US). Need to know how to call from my mobile to either a German cell or German landline and minimize charges. What sequence do I dial to utilize minimum plan rates?

admin
    Participant

Hi Rick,

I do not know the details of your T Mobile plan. I can tell you that generally using a mobile phone in another country isn’t cheap because of the roaming charges.

The cheapest way to call these days is via a data based service such as Skype or Rebtel, assuming you own a smartphone. When looking at the T Mobile USA page below I can see that they offer several unlimited data plans for those using the phone abroad.
    https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/international-roaming-plans

If you are on one of these plans you could place calls via the Internet by downloading one of the two apps mentioned above at reasonable rates. You can of course connect to a wireless network where available and place calls via the Internet even if you don’t have unlimited data from T Mobile.

One other option would be to get a local SIM card with a local number and use that for local calls. A prepaid service with a “dumb” phone may be a good choice in this case.

Rick Krueger
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I have referenced the t-mobile website….. Can you tell me what sequence of numbers someone with a mobile phone must dial to reach my US phone number while I am in Germany?

admin
    Participant

Sure. People from Germany should dial: 00 1 followed by your 10 digit US number (area code + local number).

From the US no extra codes should be added to reach you – just dial your US number and T Mobile will redirect the call to Germany.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam