(8 posts)
  1. shell27

hey my friend lives in Rio Gallegos Argentina and i live Sydney Australia
    i can call but texting never works??
    thanks for your help

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. shell27

the number is +5492966????
    is the international code right? and the area code for his city?

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. admin
    Key Master

Hi Shelly,

Maybe you entered too few question marks above, but you should have +54 9 2966 followed by 6 more digits. 2966 is the area code of Rio Gallegos. In Argentina area code plus local number always total 10 digits.

Now, supposing you do have a correct cell number (especially that you said you have been able to call it), there could be two reasons why your texts don't go though:

1. While for voice calls one must use 9 before the area code (+54 9 2966), this digit must generally be left out when texting to an Argentina cell. In your case: +54 2966.
    2. For texting to work between countries, international operators must have some agreements, and it seems that Argentinian wireless providers do not have agreements with most international wireless companies.

I suspect and hope your text will go through using the first solution I gave you. Let me know please.

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. shell27

yes sorry i wasn't paying attention to the amount of question marks...
    so i tried what you said and it still didnt work?? +542966??????
    i dont know what im doing wrong
    i also forgot to say that he can message me but i cant just relpy to the message because that doesnt work either

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. admin
    Key Master

Have you sent international texts before? If you aren't sure call your wireless provider to see if your plan allows international texting.

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. shell27

yes i have but not to argentina
    so i'll look into it and let you know : )

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. angelo69k

Greetings from Adelaide!!! please tell me how i can text my friend in Buenos Aires who has the following mobile number 15-6059-3227 thanks im flying there on Monday need to send text b4 i leave the country ciao AK

Posted 6 years ago #
  8. admin
    Key Master

Hello,

You must drop the 15 in the beginning and add 11 instead. This is what you should use for texting this Buenos Aires cell from Australia: 0011 54 11 6059-3227. To call it add 9 before Buenos Aires' area code (11): 0011 54 9 11....

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.