Text Between US phones in 2 European countries

Forums Forums Questions answered Text Between US phones in 2 European countries

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    barb
    Participant

Still confused. How to phone/text between 2 US cell phones in 2 different European countries. I have US cell phone number with roaming and I am in France. How do I dial/text a US number who is in Germany.

admin
    Participant

Hello Barbara,

To call or text internationally from Europe use double zero followed by the US number, country code (one) included:
    001xxx xxx xxxx

Double zero is the code used all over Europe to connect internationally.

There is an even simpler way to connect internationally from any country without worrying about this code (using the plus sign):
    +1xxx xxx xxxx

The same dialing rules would apply for calls between two US phones located in the same EU country.

JRB
    Participant

How do I text from a US iphone to Poland with Verizon as my carrier?

admin
    Participant

Hello JRB,

Try the page below and look for the paragraph named: How to dial to Poland cellular – the same info applies to text messages (you may also replace 011 with the plus sign):
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/poland/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam