HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Text messaging Italy from Canada

(3 posts)

Tags:

1. xstg

Hello,

I just bought a new cellphone ("Solo mobile" provider, Canada) and I want to be able to text my love in Italy from here. Her cellphone number is 335 585 8***. The number I chose for sending the text message is 011 39 335 585 8***, which should work (it works if I call her from my home phone). But as for the text message, it doesn't work. Is it because of the code, or is it just a service problems with the provider?

(She can text me using a code, so, that's why I tried a code with her number also).

Thanks a lot!

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi,

The codes you are using are correct. Sometimes using the plus sign instead of 011 works better for text messages (although both methods should work). If using the + sign doesn't work either try calling Solo to see what they have to say. Looking at their plans at http://www.solomobile.ca/en/plans/details/prepaid I see that not all have international texting included - I suppose yours does, but I'm just checking.

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. xstg

Thank you very much. With some waiting, it finally arrived. It was indeed 011 39 + phone number.

(Thanks for having looked at Solo plans! I have indeed international texting included.)

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.