Texting New Zealand to Canada

Forums Forums Questions answered Texting New Zealand to Canada

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jmgrant
    Participant

Hi, I am visiting New Zealand for three months and using a vodafone prepaid phone. I am trying to text my fiance who is in Canada with the Sasktel network. I have been informed by Sasktel that the only way we can text is if he sends me a text and I reply (1.5 intercarrier messaging). That worked for about a day, I was able to successfully respond to his texts but now he no longer receives my replys. What could have happened in a day?

admin
    Participant

Have you checked your remaining credit with the prepaid carrier?

jmgrant
    Participant

Hi, thanks for replying. My balance was about 10.00, and an international text is 30 cents, but do you think the balance has to be at a certain level for it to work?

admin
    Participant

No, I was just suggesting checking it to make sure you still have funds available. Hard to guess why you could send messages and you no longer can. There should be a Vodafone customer service number you can call to inquire about this issue.

jmgrant
    Participant

Hi, yes my experience with vodafone customer service though has been less than positive. It seems that both networks, on the Canada and New Zealand end, aren’t totally aware of their network’s international connections and since I am not on contract with vodafone the people actually in the store are also less than helpful. Thanks though

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam