texting Peru

Forums Forums Questions answered texting Peru

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nic222
    Participant

Hi, my boyfriend has a Peruvian cell phone and I can receive text messages from him but when I reply with my UK phone he does not receive them. I can call his phone no problem but he has never received my texts although it says sent on my phone. I have changed the number so it says +51 ….. and I have also tried 0051 and neither of them work. We have double checked to make sure I have the correct number, but now I am stuck!
    Can anyone help me with this?

Many thanks

admin
    Participant

Hi Nicola,
    This is a rather frequently reported issue – international texts not reaching their destination. Possible causes (provided you have been dialing the right sequence which for Peru is +51 9?? ??? ???):
    -your wireless plan does not include/allow international texts;
    -possible incompatibilities between your wireless network and his.

If you know for sure that your plan lets you send international texts I could try sending your friend a test message from my phone. If he gets my message then you would need to call your wireless provider to inquire about your issue. If you want to do this just send me the Peruvian cell number using the top Contact button on this page.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam