Trying to call a UK mobile in India from the UK

Forums Forums Questions answered Trying to call a UK mobile in India from the UK

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    seanf
    Participant

Morning All,

My fiance has recently gone travelling in India for 5 weeks. Before she left she bought a cheap phone and simcrd in the UK so I could contact her while she was away. I have recently purchased a international call card however have so far been unsuccessful in getting hold of her. I have followed the instructions on the calling card, for instance dialling 00 91 ‘then her number in a ten digit form’. However when I do this an indian man answers. I have also tried different options like dialling 00 91 44 ‘then her number in a ten digit format’, but again have no success.

Could anyone please help in advising what I need to do.

Many thanks Sean

admin
    Participant

Hi Sean.
    Thanks for posting your question to our forums.
    I have a question for you: where did your fiance buy the SIM card? Does the SIM card come with a local Indian number? What is the number? If you don’t want to disclose it use xxx to replace the last 3 digits.

seanf
    Participant

Thanks for replying.
    She bought the SIM in the UK and it has a UK number which is 07507749xxx.

admin
    Participant

Ok, then you don’t need to use any additional international codes to call her – just dial the number as if she were in the UK. Hopefully the SIM is activated to be used abroad (roaming activation). You would only add India’s country code to an Indian number.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam