Trying to reach Tabriz IRAN

Forums Forums Questions answered Trying to reach Tabriz IRAN

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    green3hope
    Participant

How do I call Tabriz, Iran? The local number I was given has only 5 digits, so I dialed 011-98-411-????? According to your Home Page, the local number should have 7 digits since the area code, 411, has three digits. Thanks.

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    Were you given this number recently? I suppose it is possible to still have 5 digit landline numbers. What happens when you call this number using area code 411?

green3hope
    Participant

I was given this number by a friend long ago in 1976. I’m not sure if it still exists or not. When I dial 011 98 411 ????? I hear the recording: “I’m sorry your call can not be completed as dialed. Please check the number and call again.” Do I need to dial additional numbers after the 411? I’m trying to find out if my friend is still alive. Thank you.

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    The problem is that these numbers changed many years ago. I couldn’t find any info on what digits you should be adding before the local number. Here’s a link to Iran’s telecom authority (you can try contacting them to inquire about this number).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam