trying to text to ireland from england

Forums Forums Questions answered trying to text to ireland from england

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Martynneil
    Participant

so would the number change to 011+353+87564701???, (its 07564701??? to start with)

admin
    Participant

Hello,

I suspect you are in fact trying to call a UK cell traveling to Ireland. If this is the case nothing changes in the way you dial this number: 075… The cellular carrier will redirect the call to Ireland. Here’s more info on international roaming

Martynneil
    Participant

sorry, i was very tired yesterday nd my question doesn’t actually make sense. I want to phone the number 07564701??? however i live in the uk nd them in ireland, whould the number change to 011+353+87564701??? or am i very wrong??

admin
    Participant

This number looks like a UK registered cell number and as I said above you would just dial it as it is without adding any extra codes.

Ireland cellular numbers are 9 digit (without the starting zero) and start with 8: 8? ??? ????. If you wanted to dial or text to an Irish cell from the UK you would dial: 00 353 8? ??? ????. 011 is for dialing out of the US and Canada. Again, my belief is that this is a UK registered cell and no extra codes are needed.

Martynneil
    Participant

would i not even need the +44?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam