HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

trying to text to ireland from england

(5 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by Martynneil
  • Latest reply from Martynneil
  1. Martynneil

so would the number change to 011+353+87564701???, (its 07564701??? to start with)

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hello,

I suspect you are in fact trying to call a UK cell traveling to Ireland. If this is the case nothing changes in the way you dial this number: 075... The cellular carrier will redirect the call to Ireland. Here's more info on international roaming

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Martynneil

sorry, i was very tired yesterday nd my question doesn't actually make sense. I want to phone the number 07564701??? however i live in the uk nd them in ireland, whould the number change to 011+353+87564701??? or am i very wrong??

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. admin
    Key Master

This number looks like a UK registered cell number and as I said above you would just dial it as it is without adding any extra codes.

Ireland cellular numbers are 9 digit (without the starting zero) and start with 8: 8? ??? ????. If you wanted to dial or text to an Irish cell from the UK you would dial: 00 353 8? ??? ????. 011 is for dialing out of the US and Canada. Again, my belief is that this is a UK registered cell and no extra codes are needed.

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. Martynneil

would i not even need the +44?

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.