UK Cell to UK Cell through out Europe

Forums Forums Questions answered UK Cell to UK Cell through out Europe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nancy
    Participant

I have an “add money” UK cell phone in the following format: +44 7 5?? ?? ????

If I call another UK cell when I’m in Spain, what codes do I use?

When I am in Spain and the other UK cell is also in Spain, what codes do I use?

I’m American, so I am still used to area codes 🙂

admin
    Participant

Hi Nancy. You’re right, US phones use area codes, either cell phones or landlines while most countries use a unique dialing format for all cell phones.

To call another UK cell while in Spain you will use +44 7 and so on (you can also use 0044 7…). To call the same UK cell while both in Spain you will use the same dialing sequence. In this case the call will be directed to the UK and then redirected back to Spain by your friend’s UK wireless carrier. This is the way international roaming works and, in this case both you and your friend will pay for their part of the international call.

I hope this helps.

nancy
    Participant

thank you so much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam