UK Information Code to speak with an operator

Forums Forums Questions answered UK Information Code to speak with an operator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    milagrospalmieri
    Participant

What is the code # that I need to dial from USA to UK, in order to reach a live operator that will give me a residential phone #. I have tried the internet and nothing seems to work. Spoke with this person over my celphone last summer but her # did not registered into mine and I think that she does not has it registered.

admin
    Participant

Hello,

UK directory assistance (or directory inquiry as they call it) can only be dialed from the UK. This is how this service works everywhere. In order to find out information on an international phone number you should call a US directory assistance service such as 411.

milagrospalmieri
    Participant

I did that and the operator tells me that I have to dial 00. When I dial 00 I get a message that asks me to dial the desired # to call and does not transfers me to a operator for international #s information. There was a time that when dialing 00 you could reach an operator but now it seems to be a thing of the past and when I called my phone provider they seem to be searching a knowledge information database to help me but as of yet have not been able to help me. Please let me know if you find any useful information. Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam