unable to call from USA to Chile

Forums Forums Questions answered unable to call from USA to Chile

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rick weil
    Participant

I have tried these two #’s to chile for months. they are being used i.e. receiving calls internationaly. I get a recording saying something like “unable to connect, check 3 and call again. I do not use the “0” behind the +56.

Please help the City is Puchon in Chile.
    here are the #’s +56 (0) 684 801 ?? and +56 (0) 9870 49??

what am i doing wrong ?? thank you

rick weil
    Participant

Correction: city in Chle is Pucon

admin
    Participant

Hi Rick,

You said you’ve been dialing +56 … I suppose you are using a cell phone to place these calls. One other option you have is to dial 011 instead of the + sign (011 56 …).

The first number doesn’t look right. Unless it is some sort of special number, area code for Pucon is 45 (this is for landlines only, cell phones don’t use area codes). So a regular landline in Pucon should have this format: (0) 45 ??? ???

The second number is a Chilean cell phone. There was a change in the numbering system of Chile in 2007 resulting in all cell numbers becoming 9 digit. Digit 9 must be added in front of the cell number(011 56 9 9870…).

Try these changes and let me know if it works. You can also try using a different line to dial out.

Dan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam