Unwanted International Phone Calls

Forums Forums Questions answered Unwanted International Phone Calls

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lainee
    Participant

I am sorry that this is the opposite of what you are trying to acheive on this website, but we keep getting unwanted phone calls from (I think) India. Since I am in New Zealand, these mostly happen overnight, so that we have decided to pull our phone out to get some sleep. As an example, last night we had 5 calls, at 3.49 am, 3.55 am, 4.18 am, 4.28 am and 5.05 am coming from a phone number starting 0091773636???? Another phone number we have had is 0091787909???? Do you have any suggestions as to how to block these? It is impossible to sort it out because of the language barrier. Thanks in advance.

admin
    Participant

Lainee,
    Sorry to hear about these issues. The calls you are getting seem to come from India (country code 91). I don’t know of a way to block these calls, but it might be possible for you to ask your wireless provide to block them for you (all calls coming from India for example). Or, unless you are expecting important calls maybe you could activate the SILENT profile on your phone at night:)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam