US cell to Mexican cell

Forums Forums Questions answered US cell to Mexican cell

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rocket
    Participant

I have an AT&T US cell phone and am trying to call or text a Mexican cell phone (carrier unknown).

What are the prefixes and country codes needed to complete the call?

Mexican cell number (667)XXX-XXXX

Thanks in advance

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    The number you have is located in Culiacan (area code 667). The rule for calling Mexican cell phone numbers from abroad is adding digit 1 before the area code. So you would dial the following:
    011 52 1 (667)XXX-XXXX

52 is Mexico’s country code and 011 is the code used to call internationally from the US.

More info here

Dove
    Participant

My sister lives in Leon Guanajuato. I’ve been trying to call her due to family emergency, However, operators have been unable to assist me. I’ve dialed 011 52 55 and her landline number, which is only 7 numbers. Call can not be completed as dialed. I need HELP!

admin
    Participant

Hello,

When dialing to a Mexican landline you should have 10 digits after 011 52 – I understand you only have 9. Have you been able to dial this number in the past? If yes, when was the last time you dialed it?

Have you tried finding your sister online? Does she use a social network? These days it seems to be the most used way to contact someone.

admin
    Participant

Double checking the area code of Leon – it seems you are using the wrong code. Leon uses 477 and not 55. So you should dial 011 52 477 followed by the 7 digit number (now you have 10 digits after 011 52).

More info:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/mexico/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam