US cellphone attempting to call Ukrainian cellphone

Forums Forums Questions answered US cellphone attempting to call Ukrainian cellphone

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drbook
    Participant

I’ve been attempting to call a Ukrainian cellphone (011-380-66-477-xxxx) from an American cellphone for 24 hours. Every time I call I receive a recording stating that “All international circuits to the country you are calling are busy – please try again later” followed by either 007t or 007p. I’ve called countless times at all hours of the day and night. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    This is an unusual situation. Have you tried using a different line to place this call? Also, make sure you call at a not so busy time of day (check out Ukraine’s time on https://www.timeanddate.com ).

If you want I could dial the number for you just to see if I hear the same recording.

drbook
    Participant

Thank you for getting back with me so quickly. I’ve called at non-busy times as well. A question . . . I linked to Rebtel on your site – do you think this would resolve my problem? If so, it would be great as the AT&T rate is .99/minute. Thank you.

admin
    Participant

It’s likely that Rebtel would solve this problem for you because you would use their connections to place the call. Try it and let me know how it’s worked out. In fact I believe they give you a free trial call so you wouldn’t have to buy anything beforehand.

al
    Participant

how to text from laptop to mobile number,to and from Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine?

admin
    Participant

Hi Al,

Not sure what you mean by texting from your laptop. It depends on the service you intend to use. The sequence for texting to a foreign country is the same one used for dialing a phone call. In the case of Ukraine it is: 011 380 followed by a 9 digit cell number which may not begin with zero (if it does you should leave out the zero). You can also use +380 instead of 011380 when using a cell phone to call/text. More info at:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/ukraine/

From the Ukraine to the USA: 00 1 xxx xxx xxxx or +1 xxx xxx xxxx. More info at:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/results.php?callfrom=ukraine&callto=united_states

If you are using an online based VoIP service follow their instructions. Normally, the sequence should be the same, but they could for instance ask what country you are texting to and only require you to enter the local number (without 011 and 380).

I hope this helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam