US to UK toll free??

Forums Forums Questions answered US to UK toll free??

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mary
    Participant

I have a number for a business 0844-875-7??? in the Uk that I am trying to reach. I sial from the US (calling card…pin..then number) 011 844 7??? and that does lead to a ring tone but noone answers. Am I dialing wrong? I have tried dropping the 8 and that wasn’t a number…I’m stumped.
    Thanks for any help–mary

admin
    Participant

Hi Mary,

Generally these UK special numbers can not be reached from outside the country. The correct way to dial this number would be: 011 44 844 7???. Try this but again, these numbers are meant for calls from within the UK so it is unlikely that you will be able to get through. This business you are trying to reach must also have a regular contact number.

rachelseuss
    Participant

Well, if it rang then that means you dialed correctly. Have you tried emailing your office instead of calling them? PC-to-PC calling is also free you may want to try this instead of calling using a regular phone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam