usa cell phone in prauge and amsterdam

Forums Forums Questions answered usa cell phone in prauge and amsterdam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    laarbar1
    Participant

while using my USA mobile phone in CZECH Reb. and Netherlands. do I have to still dial country code? my provider says I have ability but not sure of how to

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    While in the Netherlands and the Czech Republic you can dial local numbers the way locals do – no need to add the country code. If you do add the country code the call will likely go through anyway.

Here are several ways to dial a Dutch cell phone from the Netherlands (the first 2 examples comprise the country code, the last one is what locals dial):
    00 31 6xxxx xxxx
    +31 6xxxx xxxx
    06xxxx xxxx

I hope this helps.

laarbar1
    Participant

hi ..If I need to call U..S from Prauge or Netherlands can I just dial 1 plus the area code and number. Also if someone from U.S. needs to call me how do they dial…Thanks

admin
    Participant

To call the US you should either use 00 1 or +1 followed by area code and 7 digit local number.

To reach you while you are abroad people from the US do not have to add any extra international codes to your US number.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam