USA to Iraq

Forums Forums Questions answered USA to Iraq

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gina
    Participant

I have an att calling card trying to call iraq and i am having a problem for days. how do i do it? the phone number he calls from iraq to me is +009647400224???. i always get the call when he calls me from iraq to us to my cell phone and when i go to call it back it keeps saying call cannot be completed as dialed. this is my fist time calling iraq and i cant get through. does that plus symbol in front of the number mean anything when it shows up on my caller id? please can you tell me how to call this number from the united states to iraq?

admin
    Participant

Hi Gina,

To call this Iraq number from the US you must dial 011 964 7400224???. The plus sign has no significance in this situation. Basically you must replace the starting 00 with 011 which is the code used to call abroad from the USA. 964 is Iraq’s country code and 7400224??? is the cell number.

Dan

gina
    Participant

Ok. I have a question. When I get a call from IRAQ to USA I always get the call. When I try calling that number from USA to IRAQ I always get the message “your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please call your operator for assistance.” Calling the operater is of no help. Do you have any idea why I cannot get through when calling from USA? But I always get the call From IRAQ. I am following the 011 and the 964 country code. What do you suggest. Any ideas?? Thanks, Gina

admin
    Participant

Gina,

If you keep getting this message it means that there is something wrong with the connection on your end. In other words, either the card you are using is not working or you are not following the right steps to get connected. My suggestion: try using another way to dial (a different line/service) to see if it works.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam