HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Using an O2 UK Apple iPhone in the USA

(3 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by mitchell878
  • Latest reply from mitchell878
  1. mitchell878

I'm flying from the UK to Minneapolis and will need to make a few local calls to land line numbers like 1-952-830-???? and 952-838-???? and mobile numbers like 612-669-???? etc. I'll also need to phone back to the UK.

Phoning back to the UK seems to be you add +44 to the front of the number then drop the 0 from the front of the UK number then it should work. Although someone told me I should put in +0044.

Also for using my UK phone to ring local Minneapolis numbers what should I be entering?

Sorry, I'm a bit unsure.

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

When roaming you will place calls just like other subscribers from the new network place calls. In other words you should be able to dial local US calls by entering the 7 digit local number. If it doesn't work add the area code (952 or 612). As for calling back to the UK you can either use +44 or 01144. You will indeed need to drop the starting zero from the UK numbers.

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. mitchell878

Hi Key Master. I've been in a few situations landing in a new country and can't get through to people cause I'm doing the wrong thing. Thanks for clarifying that - that's put my mind at ease.

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.