using cell phone overseas

Forums Forums Questions answered using cell phone overseas

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lm
    Participant

My wireless carrier stated that in oder to make an US call overseas with my cell phone I would need to dial:
    011 (the international access code)+ The country code+ The city code+ The local telephone number
    THat being said If I wanted to call home I would dial 011+1+area code+ seven digit #

However your website states that I would dial 00+1+area code+ seven digit number.

Who is correct?

admin
    Participant

If you are overseas with your US cell you will use the dialing procedure used in the country you are in. For example, if you are in Europe you will indeed dial 00 1 + area code + local number. 011 is the international prefix used to call overseas FROM the US.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam