using US cell to call while in another country

Forums Forums Questions answered using US cell to call while in another country

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jjvail
    Participant

I will be in China, Malaysia and Singapore and will be reliant on my US based cell phone to make local calls within those countries, and will also make calls back to the US

Any general format that I use for cell phone? Both for calls inside the country I am in and to call back to US?

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    To place calls your phone works just like cellular phones in the country you are in work. On the other hand, to receive calls your phone works as if you were still in the US.

Sample call to a Japanese cell while in Japan: 090 ???? ????.
    Sample call to the USA from Japan: 010 1 ??? ??? ????. The exit code 010 used by Japan is 00 when dialing internationally from both China and Malaysia. Since you are using a cellular phone you can also enter the plus sign as a replacement for 010 or 00.

Here’s a page explaining in detail how international roaming works for both outgoing and incoming calls:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/international-roaming.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam