HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Weird problem when calling to Argentina

(6 posts)

Tags:

1. manina

Hey guys!
    So,here's my situation: After 3 months of communication with an Argentine number (sms and calls from me,I live in Greece, and calls from Argentina but no sms -because he has problems) I try to call, and there's a message in Spanish that says something about a number 15 ( I don't remember). The weird thing is that the sms are going ok, he receives them, and I can call the Argentine number from any other Greek phone, it has problem with mine only. What is going on? I am 100% that I call with the correct format of number (with 9 and the city's code omitting the 2 first digits of the number).
    I'm going crazy!!!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hello,

It's a bit difficult to guess what the problem is in this case since you say that you can call this number using a different telephone line. Indeed cell numbers in Argentina start with 15 and these two digits must be dropped when dialed from abroad. You shoud have this dialing format from Greece:
    00 54 9 followed by 1o digits (area code + cell number).

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. manina

Yes, this is the format I use. The sms are received, but the calls fail. It's really annoying, I think I will get a new number only for calling there!

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. admin
    Key Master

Strange indeed. Try calling your phone service provider to inquire about this - could be a problem with placing international calls on your wireless plan.

One other thing you can do - try dialing another Argentinian phone number to see if it works.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. martinez

does any one know how i dail to argentina from the united states???????
    iam calling from a USA cell phone to a cell phone in argentina. i know its 011 54 9 343 plus the #
    the 9 its because it to a cell phone # and the 343 is the area code.
    what am i doing wrong???? becasue it rings but no 1 ever answers. i dont belive the call is going thru.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. admin
    Key Master

Hi Martinez,

If the phone rings it usually means that the call does go through.

One thing you should make sure of: area code + cell number should total 10 digits. If you have the following format for the cell number 15 ??? ???? you must drop the starting 15.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.