Weird problem when calling to Argentina

Forums Forums Questions answered Weird problem when calling to Argentina

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    manina
    Participant

Hey guys!
    So,here’s my situation: After 3 months of communication with an Argentine number (sms and calls from me,I live in Greece, and calls from Argentina but no sms -because he has problems) I try to call, and there’s a message in Spanish that says something about a number 15 ( I don’t remember). The weird thing is that the sms are going ok, he receives them, and I can call the Argentine number from any other Greek phone, it has problem with mine only. What is going on? I am 100% that I call with the correct format of number (with 9 and the city’s code omitting the 2 first digits of the number).
    I’m going crazy!!!!

admin
    Participant

Hello,

It’s a bit difficult to guess what the problem is in this case since you say that you can call this number using a different telephone line. Indeed cell numbers in Argentina start with 15 and these two digits must be dropped when dialed from abroad. You shoud have this dialing format from Greece:
    00 54 9 followed by 1o digits (area code + cell number).

manina
    Participant

Yes, this is the format I use. The sms are received, but the calls fail. It’s really annoying, I think I will get a new number only for calling there!

admin
    Participant

Strange indeed. Try calling your phone service provider to inquire about this – could be a problem with placing international calls on your wireless plan.

One other thing you can do – try dialing another Argentinian phone number to see if it works.

martinez
    Participant

does any one know how i dail to argentina from the united states???????
    iam calling from a USA cell phone to a cell phone in argentina. i know its 011 54 9 343 plus the #
    the 9 its because it to a cell phone # and the 343 is the area code.
    what am i doing wrong???? becasue it rings but no 1 ever answers. i dont belive the call is going thru.

admin
    Participant

Hi Martinez,

If the phone rings it usually means that the call does go through.

One thing you should make sure of: area code + cell number should total 10 digits. If you have the following format for the cell number 15 ??? ???? you must drop the starting 15.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam